The Government of the Bahamas has restricted air transport into The Bahamas. Odyssey Aviation has received approval from The Competent Authority to remain open and operational with specific guidelines.
In order to keep you informed during this time please find details below. Changes since our last update on March 26th are highlighted in red.
- PERMITTED – International private charter flights arriving empty to collect passengers.. The aircraft will be allowed entry and passengers allowed to embark to leave the Bahamas. The pilot(s) remain with the aircraft at all times. All paperwork will be presented to the crew on-board the aircraft.
- PERMITTED – US Military, emergency medical flights, cargo and courier flights. Flight crews are prohibited from entering facilities. All paperwork will be presented to the crew on-board the aircraft.
- RESTRICTION – COUNTRY IS CLOSED TO ALL INCOMING PASSENGERS – No passenger shall be permitted to enter and disembark for any reason including transiting through the Bahamas. All aerodromes including private aerodromes and fixed-based operators shall be closed to incoming international flights carrying passengers except with prior written permission from the appropriate authority.
- RESTRICTION ON DOMESTIC TRAVEL – NO PERSON SHALL OFFER FOR HIRE OR SEEK TO TRAVEL ON ANY DOMESTIC INTER-ISLAND FLIGHTS EXCEPT FOR A MEDICAL EMERGENCY OR THE TRANSPORT OF FREIGHT provided that the Competent Authority may vary the requirements of this order.
- ALL GROUND HANDLING REQUEST ARE FORWARDED VIA EMAIL TO THE RESPECTIVE LOCATION IN ADVANCE OF OPERATION AND CONFIRMATION RECEIVED PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.
- HOURS Of OPERATION
- MYNN (NASSAU) – 0800L/1200UTC through 1600L/2000UTC
- MYEF (EXUMA) – 0800L/1200UTC through 1600L/2000UTC
- MYSM (SAN SALVADOR) – 0800L/1200UTC through 1600L/2000 UTC
- MYEM & MYER (GOVERNOR’S HARBOUR & ROCK SOUND) – 0800L/1200UTC – 1600L/2000UTC
- NO AFTER-HOUR OPERATIONS FOR PRIVATE FLIGHTS – INBOUND OR OUTBOUND – ONLY EMERGENCY OR MILITARY FLIGHTS ALLOWED AFTER-HOURS.
All updates are subject to change at any time.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of our partners, our citizens and our employees. We thank you for your continued support of our operations and we look forward to being of service in the future.
Also note: From the United States Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas
On March 27, the Bahamian government expanded its border closure to include all incoming individuals, not just foreign visitors. No person, whether Bahamian citizen, legal permanent resident, or foreign visitor will be permitted entry into The Bahamas. Bahamian aviation authorities also issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) clarifying that this prohibition extended until May 1 and does not apply to outgoing flights, cargo, commercial courier, and emergency medical evacuation flights.
If you are a citizen of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas in the United States and have questions regarding your legal status to remain in the United States, please contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for further assistance. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
Flight schedules for Lynden Pindling International Airport are limited and changing so please contact your airlines for the latest updates.
For information and airport updates on COVID-19 please click https://nassaulpia.com/lpia-coronavirus-updates/.