To Our Valued Customers,
Please find below update with reference to Odyssey Aviation Bahamas operations and Bahamas Covid19 protocols – Please Note: *information subject to change*.
IMPORTANT UPDATES – New Restrictions effective Friday, October 1, 2021. See below.
- To access the complete Emergency Powers (Covid 19 Pandemic)(Management and Recovery) Order, 2021 visit opm.gov.bs.
- Citizens & Residents Of The Bahamas, Homeowners In The Bahamas and Incoming Visitors – refer to website for protocols https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
Entering The Bahamas
- All fully vaccinated travelers wishing to enter The Bahamas will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test approved by Bahamas Ministry of Health), with a negative result, within five days of arrival in The Bahamas. . (The day the test is taken is considered Day Zero.)
- Effective October 1, 2021, all fully vaccinated travellers wishing to travel inter-island within The Bahamas from Nassau & Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island or any other island of The Bahamas, will be required to obtain a negative rapid antigen test, taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of travel.
- There are no changes to the testing requirements for unvaccinated persons wishing to enter The Bahamas. All persons, who are 12 years and older and who are unvaccinated, will still be required to obtain a PCR test taken within five days of arrival in The Bahamas. (The day the test is taken is considered Day Zero.). On day five (5) will have to undergo a Covid 19 rapid antigen test and submit the results to the Ministry of Health online via the health travel website. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.
- Children and Infants – All children, between the ages of 2 and 11, wishing to enter The Bahamas will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), with a negative result, within five days of arrival in The Bahamas. . (The day the test is taken is considered Day Zero.). On day five (5) will have to undergo a Covid 19 rapid antigen test and submit the results to the Ministry of Health online via the health travel website. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.
- Effective October 1, 2021, all non-vaccinated travellers wishing to travel inter-island within The Bahamas from Nassau & Paradise Island and Grand Bahama Island will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test, taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of travel, and present to the operator of the airline or vessel on which they are travelling.
For non-vaccinated persons travelling inter-island from any other island of The Bahamas, only a negative result of a rapid antigen test is required and present to the operator of the airline or vessel on which they are travelling.
Children – All children, under the age of 2, are exempt from any testing requirements.
Crew – Crew remaining 24 hours or more are required to follow protocols of category above they fit into Vaccinated or Unvaccinated.
Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test or Rapid Antigen test, all travelers will then be required to apply for a Bahamas *Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs (click on the International Tab) where the required test must be uploaded.
All persons travelling to The Bahamas are required to apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa at travel.gov.bs. Effective October 1, 2021, a Travel Health Visa will no longer be required for inter-island travel within The Bahamas.
- Fully vaccinated travellers will be required to upload negative test results in addition to valid proof of vaccination (such as CDC or government issued vaccine record card).
- For international travellers, proof of vaccination must confirm they have passed the two-week immunity period.
- At this time, the Bahamas Government will only be accepting vaccines by Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca.
- Mixed and matched second doses of COVID-19 vaccines of either AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or even Johnson & Johnson are also accepted.
- All unvaccinated persons, ages 12 and older, will be required to upload their negative COVID-19 PCR test results. Tests must be taken no more than 5 days prior to the date of arrival.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 11 will be required to upload their negative Rapid Antigen Test or PCR test results.
Effective October 1, 2021, the payment of the Travel Health Visa fee is no longer required for Bahamian citizens and residents returning to The Bahamas. All Bahamian citizens or residents planning to travel abroad for five (5) days or less must secure a test in the destination they visited before travelling back to The Bahamas. Any PCR or rapid antigen test taken in The Bahamas prior to travel will not be valid for re-entry.
- Passengers and airline crew must have an approved “Bahamas Travel Health Visa” with QR code obtained at www.travelgov.bs
- Quarantine Requirements- NIL
- Wear a face mask – On Aircraft, Entering and Transiting terminals.
- All persons entering the country is subject to Thermal Temperature Screening.
- Follow physical distancing directions and hands sanitization requirements.
Exemptions: https://travel.gov.bs/ – Option on the form – Exemption Type (If applicable).
- Children age two (2) and under. Must have Bahamas Travel Health Visa to enter.
- Pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight (24 hrs.) in The Bahamas, Must have Bahamas Travel Health Visa to enter.
- Crew overnighting for less than 24 hours are required to complete the travel health visa (no charge)
- Crew staying for a few hours Technical Refueling/Crew Rest flight are not required to have a covid test or a travel health visa.
- Daily curfews for New Providence, Grand Bahamas, North and Central Eleuthera including Harbour Island are from 0000L/0400Z – 0500L/0900Z.
- Only a negative rapid antigen test is required if travelling inter-island from any other island of The Bahamas.
- All children, under the age of 2, are exempt from any testing requirements for inter-island travel.
- Effective October 1, 2021, vaccinated and non-vaccinated persons travelling inter-island for longer than four (4) night and five (5) days will no longer be required to take the Day 5 rapid test.
To access the complete Emergency Powers (COVID 19 Pandemic) (Management and Recovery) Order, 2021 visit opm.gov.bs.
Departing The Bahamas
From January 26, 2021, all passengers traveling into the United States by air. The CDC requires that all air passengers, ages 2 years and older and including returning American citizens, arriving in The United States by airline (commercial and private) will have to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of travel. The test must be a viral test (NAAT/molecular or rapid antigen test). Proof of immunization will not be sufficient. Be sure to check your specific airline for their exact requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
Testing locations for re-entering the US at airports where Odyssey Aviation provides services.
MYNN – Odyssey Aviation Nassau | MYNN Lynden Pindling International Airport (odysseyaviation.com) – (ON-SITE Testing)
Family Medicine Center will be based in our facility beginning January 26, 2021 providing Covid-19 Antigen testing for our clients by appointment and/or walk-in. VIP testing available (additional fees apply). https://www.familymedicinecenter.org/covid-test/
Family Medicine Center have a second location in Eleuthera and provides Covid 19 Antigen and RTPCR Testing via appointments and walk-in at their clinic for persons travelling in and out of MYEM & MYER.
MYEF – Odyssey Aviation Exuma | MYEF Exuma International Airport. We have partnered with DI-ARA Comprehensive Medical Center on Main land Exuma and they provide Covid19 Antigen Testing via appointments and walk-in at their clinics for persons travelling in and out of MYEF. Concierge services also available for booking (additional fees apply).
DI-ARA COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL CENTER –(2 Locations) EMERALD BAY & GeorgetowN, Exuma – (242) 358-4042 M-F: 9:00AM – 5:00PM | Weekends: Concierge upon request
Emerald Bay Plaza, Farmer’s Hill, Great Exuma (Opposite Sandals and Grand Isles)
Georgetown, Great Exuma (Directly behind H G Christie, across the street from the Peace and Plenty Hotel)
* Or visit https://travel.gov.bs/www/static/Testing_Page.pdf to find the an authorized testing center nearest your location.
HOURS OF OPERATION – ODYSSEY AVIATION LOCATIONS – All Ground Handling Requests are to be forwarded via email to the respective location in advance of operation and confirmation received prior to arrival.
MYNN (Nassau) info.mynn@Odysseyaviation.com – 0700/1100UTC – 2100L/0100UTC
FAMILY ISLAND LOCATIONS – 0700L/1100UTC – 1800L/2200UTC
MYEF (Exuma) Exuma@odysseyaviation.com
MYEM & MYER (Governor’s Harbour & Rock Sound) email@example.com
After-Hour Operations – Request for flights will be reviewed on a case by case basis – Inbound or Outbound. Prior approval for operation is required.
MYNN – 1901L/0001UTC – 0659L/1159UTC
Family Island Locations – MYEF, MYEM & MYER – 1701L/2201UTC – 0659L/1159UTC
Emergency or Military flights allowed After-Hours.
Before traveling: Please keep checking The Bahamas Government links for updates on the latest news regarding entry protocols, curfews and restrictions.
Requirements can change overnight depending on the Islands that you are visiting.
- Information for boaters – https://bahamasmarinas.com/
More useful links-
- US Embassy, Nassau – COVID-19 Information for The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands | U.S. Embassy in The Bahamas (usembassy.gov)
- LPIA – LPIA COVID-19 Fact Sheet – Lynden Pindling International Airport (nassaulpia.com)
We thank you for choosing Odyssey Aviation as your Flight Service Partner and for your continued support. Kindly review and please do not hesitate to advise should you have any questions.